El Chaparral Neighborhood Association Meeting Recap
Our fall ECNA meeting was held on 11/10/15 at 6:30 PM at the New Horizons United Methodist Church. There were twelve households represented that signed the attendance roster. Topics discussed included:
- Old neighborhood association bank account was closed due to cost-prohibitive fees. We voted on the option of opening a new bank account and the motion passed. The board appreciates the donations that were given to the neighborhood association and we are looking at our options and will be opening a new bank account soon.
- The board has contacted the insurance company concerning the neighborhood entry sign which was damaged beyond repair on 9/28/15 and has received a claim number. We will keep you posted on new developments.
- We briefly discussed driving hazards including speeding and visual obstructions/signage at the WW/El Chaparral intersection.
- We were honored to welcome Theresa Thomas from the Boone County Commissioner’s Office. Theresa shared valuable information for Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED). CPTED is physically altering the design of the community in order to deter criminal activity. For more information and strategies for implementation of this program, please see the attached handout from the meeting on our Facebook page or website.
- The attendees briefly discussed avenues for funding the neighborhood association for events such as:
- El Chaparral Neighborhood Garage Sale support
- Neighborhood social events such as barbecues.
- Neighborhood welcome committee support
- Other ideas are welcome.
- There was discussion about the construction behind El Centro. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- We discussed further options for neighborhood exposure. At this time, we will continue to use Facebook, the website (see address below) and these newsletters as our primary media.
Please visit our Facebook page, ‘like’ us, catch up on recent news and events, and leave a comment if desired! The Facebook page is designed to be used as a community message board about any relevant topics within our neighborhood, such as expressing concerns, lost pets, ideas for improvement, and anything else that effects our neighborhood. https://www.facebook.com/ecneighborhoodcomo
Til our paths meet again
2015 is coming to a close, and we look forward to serving you in 2016. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!